Ok. That was just me sassing Jenn. For the rest of us, this is my Response to the "Six Things" challenge, for which Jenn tagged me.
Here are the rules.
1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
So. About me.
1. I am an excellent Public Speaker and debater. Seriously. I may not look or seem like the type, but I'm not just blowing my own trumpet here. In high school I was in the debate team. Not once, ever, was my score beaten. I'm told only one other student in the country ever bested my top score in a debate. Bastard. ;) I'd have loved to debate him. I was third speaker, and I loved it. But I rarely (especially when I'd been really, really good) remembered anything about what I said up there.
2. I can't stand the feel of wet wool. I absolutely cannot hang a knitted jumper out on the line, or even touch it. Talk about the heebie jeebies.
3. I rarely feel lonely. I crave time to myself. I would do anything for even half a day with noone home, and to do as I please. I would blog, read and write. I would listen to Van Morrison and watch reruns of the West Wing. I would waste an entire day and be thrilled for it. Or I'd sleep.
4. When I cry, I am guaranteed several cold sores within 24 hours. I get them on my mouth, but more frequently, in my nose, on my eyes and even my chin. My glands swell up and I feel generally horrible. Zovirax cream makes them much, much worse. But the tablets (which I was prescribed when in hospital with Samuel) are incredible and work every time. I just took my last one today.
5. I'm paranoid and vain and convinced not a single person actually likes me. I'm always convinced that behind my back, people are rolling their eyes and discussing how annoying and ugly I am. I realise this is my issue, and that I'm far too old to be obsessing about it, but there you are.
6. Ok. Here's a bit of a wierd one. Might be too much information for some. I was the product (technically) of a virgin birth. I asked my mother once, why she hadn't known she was pregnant with me til she was almost 20 weeks. She said she hadn't known that she could fall pregnant the way she did (bare in mind, she was 15). Upon further prodding, she revealed that it was her first time. He had been a little, shall we say, over excited, and hadn't quite made it to home base before he was err..done. So she had never actually been penetrated.
I'd imagine finding out about me would have quite the shock! I joked and asked her if that made me an immaculate conception and she sneered that it wasn't even good, let alone immaculate. Poor thing. She was 15, a 'good Catholic girl' in a tiny country town. He was a 20 year old man whore, and without her getting anything decent, he still managed to knock her up and leave her to deal with the consequenses.
So. There's my six. I'm not sure who to tag, because we all travel in the same circles, and you've probably all done it. But, just in case they haven't, I tag:
(Bugger. Tagged Donna, Karen and Simone, but they'd all been tagged already).