So the deal is, answer the below questions - then tag all your readers - then they need to send a comment saying they have done the tag - so you can read about them!! You also get the added bonus of finding out who follows your blog. :)
1. 5 Things I LOVE to do
2. 5 things I HATE to do.
3. 5 Things I WISH I could do
4. 5 Things that make me happy
5. 5 Things that annoy me.
6. 5 things that make me sad
7. 5 things that make me laugh.
1. 5 Things I LOVE to do.
1. Snuggle with Alexander. He often will come to me and say "I need to snuggle", and we'll either go lie down on my bed, or on the sofa. He'll snuggle in as close as can be and we'll just chat and cuddle. Lots of cuddles. Lots of "I love you"s. It's a moment where the two of us just take time out to love each other. I love that he'll still do this with me, in fact instigate it. I dread him deciding he's too grown up to snuggle with Mama.
2. Dancing with my Sam.
I love being alone with Sam in his room. I'll hold him, his head rests on my shoulder, and we dance. Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Van Morrison, Eva Cassidy. Whoever takes our fancy. (Simply Red this morning. Sigh). I feel him relax into me, and press his neck closer to my lips for a kiss, he'll hold it there and let me kiss him til he squirms. Bliss.
3. Alone time with Joel. It's so rare these days, I crave it. I'm desperate for more of it, it's when I'm most at peace. Joel's arms around me, his hands, all of it. I love to be with him, without the interruption of little men who want to join in our fun.
4. Read. I'm reading voraciously at the moment. Have read 6 books these past couple of weeks. Just starting a new one, called The Sari Shop.
5. Turn my music up and just let me take it where it will. I've a pretty eclectic collection here and I'm so swayed by music. It can set my moods, change my moods, make me smile, make me cry.
2. 5 Things I HATE to do.
2. Ask for help. For anything. No matter how desperately I need it.
3. Answer the phone. Honestly. When the phone rings, I feel sick to my stomach.
4. Turn down work. I had to turn down a writing assignment this week. Both boys sick, I was sick, and I have houseguests (more about that soon). But it stung.
5. Fight with Joel. It's been happening a bit lately, and nothing makes me more depressed.
3. Things I WISH I could do.
1. Spend days at a time, curled up with a Chai Latte in Borders, reading to my heart's content. Even better if Joel and I could do it together. Bliss. Pure Bliss.
2. Write more. It's hard to write with Sam or Alexander. They are both demanding (in different ways) and I'm afraid they're young enough that I feel I can't really put them off just to chase my muse.
3. Study. I want so badly to go back to school. So badly. But, as with the above, I don't think that it is possible with Sam at the moment. Maybe when he's a bit older, he'll be a little easier. But for now, I dream of studying Journalism, Writing, Communication. And French, Italian, Spanish and Latin. Philosophy. Oh, to be a professional student, without the worry of money, or what job it could get me. Just to study for th elove of learning.
4. Cook. Create. Without constraints of time or money or whining toddlers (no names shall be mentioned).
5. Exercise. I wish I had the money, and was in less pain. I would do anything to join a gym. I know myself, and I know I'm not disciplined enough to do this alone. I would benefit greatly from a gym and a trainer. Financially, not an option at the moment though.
4. Things that make me happy.
1. My family.
2. Despite the stress, the P&C makes me happy. I'm ridiculously busy with it, but it makes me feel good, and the cameraderie is wonderful.
4. My best friend Jo, Sisters in law Tam, Melissa and Arlene, my sister Gemma.
5. Writing, and this blogging community.
5. 5 Things that annoy me.
1. Fat days. Bad hair days. You get the picture.
2. People who complain about the school/teacher/P&C, Fundraising ideas etc, but
have no intention of pitching in and helping, or no better ideas of their own.
3. Alexander's new discovery of "Wipeout Australia" and the ridiculous things it makes him do from great heights. I see casts in our future.
4. Rear End Parking at the school. I hate it.
5. Crappy, noisy shopping trolleys.
6. Things that make me sad.
1. Joel. I think he is suffering from depression, and it's making it hard to be happy. He doesn't smile anymore. Yeah. Should probably have been another post of it's own.
2. That my mother didn't get to know my children. She's have LOVED Alexander's reading. She'd have been just so chuffed.
3. My Dad. He's just not the person he was before Mum got sick. He breaks my heart a little more every time I see him. Which, incidentally, will be a lot. He will be living with us (from tomorrow) for the next 3 months. Heh. Another post of it's own?
4. My health. I wish I didn't hurt so much all of the time. Not for me. But for my family. For Joel. This can't be what he signed up for. I could work more and bring in money for the family if I weren't sick. I could be a better mother and wife if I weren't sick. I hate it.
5. Seeing what *isn't* on the news. Seeing how Darfur just doesn't make the news, as noone wants to deal with it. Seeing 'honour' killings not make the news, beacuse noone wants to go out on a limb. Seeing women and children mistreated, unappreciated, and unable to reach their potential, because their society lets them down.
7. 5 Things that make me laugh.
1. My firstborn. The way Xander has a running commentary on EVERYthing. Literally. Like a voice over man. He spends his life being that voiceover man. Cracks us up.
2. My baby. The cheekiest, funniest little man. And he knows it. He knows that a grin from him, and he's off the hook, because we're too busy chuckling at him.
3. My P&C girlfriends. We have fun.
4. Dave Hughes. I swear, I don't want to. Talk about the world's biggest Numbnut. But despite myself, I do find myself smirking somewhat.
5. Monty Python. Holy Grail. Life of Brian. They crack me up. More becuase of the memories than anything else, I suspect.
Now. I'm tagging every person who reads this blog. Leave me a note to say you've done it. :)