I realise that of late I have been stressed and have complained a little on Facebook about that. But really, I have much to be grateful for - even the things that are stressing me can be looked at differently. So in that vein, the things I'm grateful for today.
* I am thankful that my father made it safely through his surgery. Of course, it wasn't a dangerous procedure at all but with a general anaesthetic, it's normal to worry a little.
* I'm thankful that Koko, while Dad was in hospital did pretty well. She missed him desperately and she was at times a little confused about where he was. But she did fabulously, all things considered.
* I'm thankful for my amazing husband who with the exception of the day he had his brain fart, took Koko and us into the hospital every single night (1 hour each way) to see Dad. Not only did it help Koko to cope, but it was good for Dad, and for me to be able to see him often.
* I'm thankful that we are in a position to have Dad and Koko here. I am thankful that Joel is a good man, who sees it as an obvious move to take care of either set of parents when they need it. That he isn't the typical man who hates the 'in-laws' and has proven it time and time again. He's never, ever made me feel I have to choose.
|It's about 4 years old but this is Dad, myself and Koko.|
* I'm thankful that my sons have 4 grandparents they love so much, and who love them. I hate every single day that my mother died, and doesn't get to watch any of her grandchildren grow up. But I love my boys have both of Joel's parents, my Dad and Koko to love them. I'm grateful that my children love them right back.
* I'm thankful that Alexander was sweet and gracious enough to let us dismantle his entire bedroom for a couple of months so that we could turn it into a lovely guest room for his grandparents. He wanted his Granddad to be on a comfortable bed (rather than the mattress he wanted to be on) and for the room to be lovely. Cleaned out his draws, left his clock, photos of Dad and Koko, cleared his little bookshelf (his big on is in the family area) and everything out of his closet. Moved his bed into Sam's room.
* I'm thankful that Joel is well again, that my boys are settling and behaving much better than the tense, wound up little men they were last week. I feel so much more calm myself (chicken or egg?) now.
* I'm grateful for the reprieve I get for the next two days though. :) Dad's brother came at 6am this morning and took Dad and Koko back to their home. A couple of days to sleep in their own bed, do some things around their own place, collect mail, pay bills etc. We'll all have a couple of days apart before they come back on Saturday.
What about you? What are you thankful for today?
Usually this is hosted over at Kate Says Stuff, but I'm not sure she's running it this week. Pop on over and say Hi though, I think she's having a bit of a difficult time and could probably use a little encouragement. Make it your RAOK for today. Give her warm messages to be thankful for.
(Found out where it's hosted now. Linking up with We Heart Life's Thankful Thursday).